- Combinational technique aimed at restriction and malabsorption
- Step-1: Small pouch of approx. 15-20 cc created using staples with remainder of stomach without removal so as to continue secretion of gastric juice.
- Step-2: Lower intestine is divided into a certain portion.
- Altered digestive process: Upper part of intestine is bypassed by ingested food while passing through the jejunum.
- Delay in mixing with gastric juices of ingested food reduces complete calorie absorption, thereby more reduction in excess weight than other restrictive surgery options
- 1.No postoperative adjustments required as in bands. 2. It helps resolve type2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea and improve high cholesterol levels.