Obesity is one of the most common health problems today. Obesity is defined by BMI.
For most adults, a BMI of:
- 18.5 to 24.9 means the person is healthy
- 25 to 29.9 means the person is overweight
- 30 to 39.9 means the person is obese
- 40 or above means the person is severely Obese
It can be caused by a variety of factors, including poor diet, lack of physical activity, genetic
predisposition, certain medications, and medical conditions.
- Unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyles have resulted in an increase in the
number of obese individuals, with serious impacts on physical and mental health. Excess
calorie intake and consumption of processed foods high in sugar, salt, fat, and calories lead
to weight gain. Furthermore, a lack of physical activity can lead to increased levels of
body fat and further weight gain.
- Genetic predisposition plays a significant role in obesity, as it can affect lifestyle.
Genetics can affect the ability of our body to store fat in certain regions, regulate
hormones associated with appetite and metabolism, and even influence our dietary
preferences. In addition, certain genetic variations may increase the risk of obesity-related illnesses such as diabetes or heart disease.
- Many medications come along with side effects like weight gain. Medicines used for
diabetes, hypertension, antidepressant, asthma, and arthritis contribute to obesity.
- Sometimes health issues like thyroid become the reason behind weight gain.
Challenges in weight loss
How to overcome the challenges?
- Less physical activities
- Not lifting weights
- Choose low-fat or "dietary" foods
- Lack of protein and fiber consumption
- Lack of sleep
- Drinking too little water
- Avoid focusing on nutritional density and quality foods
- Binge eating to overcome boredom and stress
- The obstacle to managing time for cooking
- Eat a balanced, calorie-controlled diet as per the body
- Eat slowly and chew properly
Understanding the causes of obesity can help people take steps to prevent or treat it. Diet
plans, exercise routines, and other lifestyle changes can help. Professional support and advice
on how to successfully manage obesity in a safe and healthy manner give desired results. Hope
Obesity Center Ahmedabad is a leading Bariatric Surgery Center in Ahmedabad that offers
Obesity Treatments. Weight Loss can be attained by either following a prescribed diet by the
Dietitian at the center, by carrying out regular exercise, or by the procedure of Weight Loss
To know more contact the Hope Team at +91 7227858598. Hope team is always ready to guide
and rebuild your life.