Yes, bariatric surgery is a diabetes treatment. It is a type of surgery that is used to help people
lose weight, and it has been shown to be very effective in treating type 2 diabetes. Type 2
diabetes occurs when an individual's body becomes resistant to insulin, the hormone that
controls blood glucose. When the body becomes insulin-resistant, it may be more difficult to
keep blood sugar levels from getting too high.
Bariatric surgery works by changing the way that the body digests food. This can lead to weight
loss, which can help to improve blood sugar control. In some cases, bariatric surgery can even
put type 2 diabetes into remission.
There are Two Important Ways that Weight Loss Surgery Treats Type 2 Diabetes:
- Helps people achieve a healthier body mass index (BMI) by reducing food consumption
and reducing the number of calories their body can absorb. This reduces insulin
resistance and facilitates blood sugar control.
- Initiates in changing intestinal hormones that promote healthier metabolism and more
stable blood sugar.
Here are some of the Benefits of Bariatric Surgery for People with Type 2 Diabetes:
- Weight loss: Bariatric surgery can help people lose a significant amount of weight, which
can improve blood sugar control.
- Improved blood sugar control: Bariatric surgery can help to improve blood sugar control,
even in people who have not been able to control their blood sugar with diet and
- Reduced risk of diabetes complications: Bariatric surgery can help to reduce the risk of
diabetes complications, such as heart disease, stroke, and blindness.
- Improved quality of life: Bariatric surgery can improve the quality of life for people with
type 2 diabetes. People who have had bariatric surgery often report feeling better,
having more energy, and being able to participate in more activities.
If you are considering bariatric surgery, it is important to talk to your doctor about the risks and
benefits of the procedure. Bariatric surgery is a major surgery, and it is not right for everyone.
However, for people with type 2 diabetes who have not been able to control their blood sugar
with diet and exercise, bariatric surgery can be a life-changing treatment.
To know more contact the Hope Team at +91 7227858598. The Hope team is always ready to
guide and rebuild your life.