What is Nutrition?
Nutrition is the process of eating and using food to meet the body's energy, growth and
maintenance requirements. This is essential to provide the body with essential nutrients such
as vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and water. Balanced nutrition is important
to maintain good health and prevent illness. It also examines how diet affects the risk of
developing diseases such as obesity, diabetes, cardiac disease, cancer and other chronic
diseases. Nutrition is an important element in healthy living. Having a balanced diet is beneficial
in many ways because it can help mitigate the chances of contracting various diseases while
improving your overall well-being.
Benefits of Nutrition
- Supports longer life
- Maintains healthy bones and teeth
- Maintains diabetes
- Supports muscles
- Boosts immunity
- Strengthens bones
- Maintains brain health
- Helps with the functioning of the digestive tract
- Influences in maintaining a healthy weight
Nutritional Food Groups
- Fruits and vegetables - They contain important vitamins and minerals that help prevent
disease, as well as fiber that can lower cholesterol, keep the intestines healthy and
- Starchy foods - They provide a good source of energy and essential fiber, calcium, iron
- Dairy - These products also contain calcium, which helps keep our bones healthy and
- Protein – Egg, meat, fish, pulses reduce cholesterol and risk for heart disease.
- Fat - Decrease cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease.
Portion matters! An uncalculated serving can create a health hazard instead of being physically
Nutritional Food in Maintaining Weight
A balanced and nutritious diet is an essential part of maintaining a healthy weight. Nutritious
foods provide the body with the nutrients it needs to function properly and help maintain a
healthy weight. This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein and healthy fats.
Consuming these types of foods in moderation can help you keep your weight while giving the
body essential nutrients it needs.
A nutritional diet is essential to maintain good health and prevent disease. Guidance can help
people make informed decisions on what to eat and how much to eat in order to meet their
nutritional needs. It can also provide helpful information on how to plan meals and snacks.
Through this guide, people can learn more about the importance of balanced eating and get
advice on how to incorporate healthy foods into their daily lives.
To know more contact the Hope Team at +91 7227858598.